Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Up in the air

(written on my Southwest flight 1/11/10)


As I sit on the plane I can't help but think about being in love. No matter how much I say people are shit, I know deep down I have the ability to make someone very happy. The question I keep asking myself is, can someone make me happy? It's not hard for me to love someone because it's in my blood. The way I love the simple things in life is no comparison on how I would love my partner.

Now, can someone make me happy? Here's the thing, throughout the relationships I've been in, (which has been 7 since high school) I never been in love with any of them. A strong like (of course I cared deeply) but it wasn't love. I've been in love once but the person didn't love me back so who's to say I've truly experienced love before. I never woke with the person I was in love with & the person being in love with me. It has always been one or the other. So I ask myself, is it me? Is it a certain type I'm dating? Or maybe I haven't found the one? Is the one really out there or am I just dreaming of someone who does not exist?

4 comments:

NOTORIOUSIAN said...

i think there is someone for everyone, problem is by the time you finished playing all the games the parker broths have you dont really get much of a chance to be loved! ive been in love for 22 years with my religion, family, friends, money, and success! if someone comes along who can better me and im able to fall in love fine! if not fine! i look at it like im here im NOTORIOUSIAN if love wanted to find me they wouldn't need a gps.........

Mr. FreeXone said...

Ian, how I love you so much for your post. You are so right!

AJ said...

I've never experienced love either and I'm not in a rush to fall in love. All I can say is live your life. Finish working on you. We spend too much time wondering and looking for when love is coming that we miss out on living and growing as an individual. If that one person comes along where you're both in love with each other then that's great. Like Notoriousian said, there is someone for everyone and love knows no expiration date. It will find you, just don't put too much of your focus and your life into finding it yourself. I've known people to end up depressed and whiney and wallowing in self-pity. Then bitterness takes over. Focus on you. Contrary to what folks say, being single is NOT overrated.

deonte' k said...

Let me just say this buddy. I was where u were years ago. I mean when we 1st met I was going thru this same faze, and I was over it. Meaning I gave up on love, and them my babe came along, and it's been great. It just really take time buddy. He will come, but u have to let it come when it's ready, and when I comes, don't allow it to pass u by. Love ya buddy! ;)