Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Depression

This was the last poem I wrote in 2009. In my opinion, this is my most intimate poem to date. Hope you all enjoy!

(3/3)


Something always brings me back to you
I’m down to a lower level
The only person who wants me is you
Your gravity keeps pulling me closer & closer
I guess I belong to you
How can I let go?
How can I say no more?
How can I stop the water from falling?
Someone always brings me back to you
I have been brought to a lower state
I can’t seem to let you go
You are keeping me down
Sadden by the thought of never missing you
I feel like I’m at the bottom of casting down
One more situation brings me back to you
I never wanted anything so much
To finally be without you
Just leave me be
So I can finally smile
Finally breathe with fresh air
You are all over me
For the reason that I’m fragile
My strength is now reduced to the love you have for me
I just want to be the way I’m suppose to be
Free of desolation
My spirit is lower than its surroundings
Someone always brings me back to you
Since you’re the only one for me
I have now become lifeless
The thought of living without you is heartening
So now I guess I’m yours
You finally got what you wanted
It never takes too long for you to beat down my soul
I’m now spiritless & heavy-hearted
So now I’m yours for life
You win, I lose
In a blink of an eye
I’m back in your arms
Crying & Crying
Just the way you like me
So since you now have me
Tell me nothing good is going to happen
Tell me my crying will never end
Tell me it will only get worse
Tell me I can now be content with loneliness
Tell me you’re the only one for me
Since you now control my sorrow
I’m yours

5 comments:

Chang Money said...

Fuck that! Get me out! Set me free!! (Love this Nutmeg lol)

AJ said...

Bestie, you be getting DEEP. *Snap snap* Luv'n it.

I hope I never have to experience this though, lol.

Mr. FreeXone said...

OMG! Jr. finally felt one of my poems. lol AJ, it made me stronger inside.

Unknown said...

now that u got it wut u gone do about it! lol

نوح said...

AAAAHMAAZING...
I love the rhythm.