Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Love is stronger than pride (part II)

He left me before sunset
My eyes were brick red
Soon to be sunless
I’m wounded

I need to get away
Get away from here
I need time to heal
My heart is breaking
My energy is decreasing
I’m tired
I’m hurting inside because I care so much
I wish my love could fade

I’m starting to dream about him
Waking up in the middle of the night
wondering if he is thinking of me
I would like to sleep & never dream

When he wakes up,
When he sees a plane in the sky,
When he goes to bed,
do I cross his mind?

I guess its all in my head
I want to hate him so much
But when he calls me,
I pick up the phone
& my love grows stronger
When I receive his text
My eyes rush to read his words

But sitting here waiting on him, would be like waiting on winter

7 comments:

AJ said...

I love this. Omg, that's twice in a row you brought a tear to my eye.

clatte said...

WOW is all i can say - hmmm my thought is when u turn to BET to think of me lol - thanks for sharing

Willy.Wonka said...

u jus spoke my life ; thanx big bro

sc8709 said...

OMG...I think this is your best one. Wow...I'm speechless

ready4now said...

It is not fair that you can read my mind as you did. I am in total awe. It is not fair that your words move me to tears as they do. I am in agony thinking of my lost love. It is not fair that only a few get to read these words...this is awesome. I LOVE IT.

JayFromPK said...

Pep, I have to admit that I've been avoiding this one. Your words are universal and I think anyone who has truly been in love can relate. I appreciate you so much for sharing and speaking the truth. Keep it coming. I needed this this. You put what I am feeling into words. Simple, easy to read and understand words. *standing ovation*

deonte' k said...

EXCELLENT PEP.... I really love this man!!