Thursday, January 5, 2012

the idea.




We say we want a future with someone
We say we want someone to call our own
But do we really want it?

The idea of a relationship is beautiful
The idea of being someone’s one & only can be remarkable
It can be.
Could, would, should
Yes.
Should’ve Would’ve Could’ve

Many of us should’ve taken that extra step
Many of us would’ve made more of an effort if we knew what we knew today
Many of us could’ve loved him or her a little better

The idea of loving someone unconditionally will have your heart skipping beats

The reality of heartbreak will burn your deepest desires. Your idea will be ousted

We say we want that fairy tale
We say he was full of shit, she was no good
But sometimes ...
what we really mean is we were caught up in the idea

1 comment:

AJ said...

"The reality of heartbreak will burn your deepest desires."

Truest words.

I wanted it. I never experienced the littlest bit of it. But each time I thought I was going to finally get a taste of it, I fall face first into the concrete.

Now I don't want it. So whatever happens, happens.

I love this, bestie.